This blanket was born as a variation of the original 80 Blankets: Pineapples I did previously. I loved the allover look of the pineapple stitches, but like any other bobble or puff stitch it eats through yarn pretty rapidly.
- 5 skeins Color Made Easy Alabaster
- 2 skeins Color Made Easy Mineral Yellow
- 9mm crochet hook
- 2 hdc = 1″
- Finished size: 45″ x 55″
The 2 chains at the beginning of each row do not count as a stitch. Instead, you will work these turning chains and then work the first stitch (half double crochet) at the base/1st stitch of the row.
Chain (ch) 92
Foundation Row: half double crochet (hdc) in the 3rd ch from hook. 1 hdc in each ch to end, turn – 90 hdc sts
Row 1 (HDC): ch 2, hdc in each st to end of row, turn
* Continue working this row for another 8 rows – 10 rows worked total
Change to Color 2
Pineapple Row 1: ch 2 (does not count as st), dc in first st, *pineapple in next st, ch 1, skip next st; rep from * to last st, dc in last st, turn
Pineapple Row 2: ch 2 (does not count as st), dc in first st, *pineapple in next ch space, ch 1; rep from * to last st, dc in last st, turn
Change to Color 1
HDC Row 1: ch 2, hdc in first st, hdc in ch space, *hdc in top of pineapple; hdc in ch space; rep from * to last st, hdc in last st, turn
HDC Row 2: ch 2, hdc in each st to end of row, turn
* Continue working HDC row 2 for another 8 rows – 10 hdc rows worked total in this section.
- Work 2 rows of Pineapple stitch in Mineral Yellow (Color 2)
- Work 10 rows of hdc in Alabaster (Color 1)
- Repeat until there are 6 hdc sections and 5 pineapple sections, or until desired length
How To Work A Pineapple Stitch
Note that in the Pineapple Row 1 of the blanket pattern above you will work the pineapple stitch through the top of a double crochet and NOT through a chain space as directed below.
- Step 1: yarn over & insert hook through chain space, yarn over & pull through a loop
- Step 2: [yarn over & insert hook through chain space, yarn over & pull through a loop] twice more
- Step 3: yarn over & pull through 6 loops on hook
- Step 4: yarn over & pull through remaining 2 loops
- Step 5: chain 1
- ch = chain
- dec = double crochet
- hdc = half double crochet
- rep = repeat
- st(s) = stitch(es)